Sevenoaks Augmented Reality trail
26th November - 24th December
Brought to you by
Welcome to the Santa Needs You! Augmented Reality Trail! If this your first of our QR code / Augmented Reality trails please read the ‘How to Play’ below to get started.
This trail is an interactive experience, as you visit the characters (in any order) you’ll collect digital stamps, learn more of the story and be able to take special selfies with some AR characters. Then, when you’ve visited them all, you’ll be able to download a free digital storybook that concludes the story.
Some businesses are offering small gifts, discounts or a prize. Details of these offers are found on the page with the character scanned for that business. To accept any of these, show the digital stamp, that you’ve just collected, to the person serving you.
THE BIG PRIZE
£200 of book tokens
All entrants who complete the trail, finding all ten characters, will be entered into a prize draw. The prize is £200 worth of book tokens which will be valid at Sevenoaks Bookshop, 147 High Street Sevenoaks TN13 1XJ. The draw will be made by Andrew Eyre, Chairman of Sevenoaks Town Team and the winner/winning family will be presented with the prize and be photographed with him at Sevenoaks Bookshop.
- Only one entry per family group
- Entrants must have collected all ten trail stops to enter and must have used the same device to register all ten
- Entrants must have filled in the contact form and checked the competition entry checkbox
- The winners will be selected at random from all entries
- Run by Sevenoaks Town Team, Council Offices,
Bradbourne Vale Road, Sevenoaks TN13 3QG
Time to set off on the trail! We’ve placed 10 cute, Christmas animals around these parts and it’s your job to collect them all and learn their secrets!
To take part simply:
1. Visit the characters using the map below, in any order.
2. By scanning their QR codes with your phone’s camera (or typing the URLs, printed under the QR codes, directly into your browser’s address bar) you’ll collect digital stamps.
3. As a bonus, the characters are also available to open in augmented reality, simply click on the ‘OPEN IN AR’ button to be taken to the 3D model page. From there, click on the blue ‘See me in AR’ button and your phone will automatically open its AR function. Most modern phones now have this functionality, but if you do not see the blue ‘See me in AR’ button, the device does not and you will need to use an alternative device. Please test it here before setting off to avoid disappointment.
3. When you’ve visited them all you’ll be able to enter the Book Token competition and download your free storybook.
IMPORTANT: You must use the SAME browser on the SAME device for character collection. You must have browser cookies enabled and not clear them during the trail.
When you’ve completed the trail use this link to get your storybook: